The arrival of cloud storage services has changed the way people and businesses store their data and communicate with each other. Now not only can businesses avoid housing large, bulky filing cabinets full of physical files in their offices, but they also don’t even need on-site server storage capabilities.
What is the Cloud?
Simply put, the cloud is a system of offsite servers that individuals and businesses use to store their digital files and media. The servers are managed by a hosting company, and individuals and organizations buy or rent digital space from them.
An individual may use cloud storage to store their photos and music, rather than storing that information on their personal phone.
A business might use the cloud to store important company documents and data. The hosting company is responsible for the upkeep of the servers and ensuring that their users have constant access to their stored information.
How Cloud Storage Has Changed Businesses Today
The cloud has greatly impacted the way companies do business. Several benefits of using the cloud to store business information are:
- Scalability: you only pay for the amount of storage you use
- Easy file sharing: one document hosted offsite can be accessed by anyone granted access
- Increased security: hosting companies take extreme measures to keep all data secure
- Natural disaster protection: servers are kept secure and backed up
- Remote access: anyone in the company can log in and access information from anywhere
- Reduced power/maintenance costs: you don’t have to pay for server maintenance or energy use
Get Free Quotes on Cloud Storage Services for Your Chicago Business
If you are looking to initiate cloud storage, we’ll help you get started. Call us at (312) 637-9122 or fill out the form. We’ll help you find a secure and affordable solution for your digital storage needs.